Thursday, May 13, 2010

Peregrination

Peregrination: to journey or travel from place to place, especially on foot.

A fitting enough title for a little travel blog being thrown together from the floor of Gate 34B of the Pittsburgh International Airport. (Well, technically it's from 36B because 34B doesn't have any wall outlets. Jerks.) The idea being that I'll update this little piece of web space as often as I can as I make my way through Egypt with the 2010 PASSHE Summer Honors Program: Mapping Cultural & Historical Egypt. As a staff member, I'm thinking/hoping/praying that I may get a little more downtime to update this while the student participants are busy with their various assignments for class. Who knows though - we shall see!

Currently, we're nowhere near Egypt, as you could probably guess. We'll be flying to Philadelphia in a little less than an hour, assuming our already delayed flight stays on schedule. There's really no rush on that though, as our flight out of Philly for Frankfurt doesn't depart until something like 6pm. We've got some serious time to kill in Philly. The Frankfurt layover is only an hour or two, and then we catch our overnight flight to Cairo.

Cairo! I still can't believe it. I've known about this trip for over a year now and I still don't think it's completely sunk in just yet. I've been fascinated by Egypt and the pharaohs and that whole ancient culture for as long as I can remember. And now I'm actually going to get to experience it!

Ah! I wanted to gush about that more but our plane just arrived at the gate. Time to pack up and get ready to board. You'll hear more from me in Philly!

No comments:

Post a Comment