Monday, May 24, 2010

Prepare the search party

I know I'm going to need one! It's off to the Bibliotheca Alexandrina this morning and I am so outrageously excited for it. I may get lost in there. I'm kind of hoping I do anyway. I think we're visiting botanical gardens in the afternoon and then a local theater performance of some kind in the evening. Those parts of the itinerary are still a little shaky, but I've got to be used to that by now. I mean, yesterday we were told we'd be checking into the hotel by 11:30pm and we rolled up at 2am instead. And I thought my family was good at being late for things - ha! Yeah right. We're almost rudely early when compared to how Egyptians operate.

Anyway, time to get my backpack together and get my butt out the door. Hopefully since wifi is so easily accessible here, I'll be able to catch you all up on the last few days when I get in tonight. There's Mt. Sinai (spectacular), St. Katherine's monastery (let down), Sharm el Sheikh (touristy), and snorkeling in the Red Sea (I'm on a boat!). Also, I'm kind of a lobster right now thanks to the aforementioned boat, so I'm quite thankful today's itinerary is mostly indoors and that Alexandria is on the water so the temperature will max out around 77F today. That is a glorious weather day in Egypt, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment